Can I get a second SSD in my Acer Orion Predator 3000?

Options
yeet7222
yeet7222 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Model Number: PO3-630GPart Number: DG.E2PAA.002

Hello all, I wanted to upgrade from my 512 gb to an additonal 1tb SSD.

I attached a link, please let me know if this will be compatible or not. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Inch-Internal-MZ-77E1T0B-AM/dp/B08QBJ2YMG

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Samsung 870 EVO SATA III SSD 1TB 2.5” Internal SSD that you want to add is a good mid range storage drive only, but its not the quickest or best drive to add to this desktop. I suggest that if you want to add an additional drive for gaming or editing you should add a secondary 1TB PCIe4x4 M.2 SSD drive as it will be at least 10 times quicker than the Samsung 2.5" SSD drive.

The below caption is your PO3-630G desktops mainboard and all its layout descriptions, I've highlighted all the drive spots for your desktop. This desktop has at #21 & #22 plugs for 2x SATA-3 connectors for 2x of either 3.5" mechanical HDDs or 2,5" SSD drives like the Samsung 2.5" SSD drive or 2x 2.5" mechanical drives, but the quickest and the best drives are at slots #25 SSD1 (should be used for the boot M.2 SSD drive) & slot #15 SSD2 M.2 which are both slots for a Gen 4x4 type M.2 SSD drives. Buy a 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB type drive as its a much better and quicker drive, Good luck and hope this helps you out

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Samsung 870 EVO SATA III SSD 1TB 2.5” Internal SSD that you want to add is a good mid range storage drive only, but its not the quickest or best drive to add to this desktop. I suggest that if you want to add an additional drive for gaming or editing you should add a secondary 1TB PCIe4x4 M.2 SSD drive as it will be at least 10 times quicker than the Samsung 2.5" SSD drive.

The below caption is your PO3-630G desktops mainboard and all its layout descriptions, I've highlighted all the drive spots for your desktop. This desktop has at #21 & #22 plugs for 2x SATA-3 connectors for 2x of either 3.5" mechanical HDDs or 2,5" SSD drives like the Samsung 2.5" SSD drive or 2x 2.5" mechanical drives, but the quickest and the best drives are at slots #25 SSD1 (should be used for the boot M.2 SSD drive) & slot #15 SSD2 M.2 which are both slots for a Gen 4x4 type M.2 SSD drives. Buy a 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB type drive as its a much better and quicker drive, Good luck and hope this helps you out

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍