swift sfe16-43 Swift edge don't recognise TB4 dock after uefi update

Options
faccin0
faccin0 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in Swift and Spin Series

I have a swift sfe16-43 and I'm happy with it. Yesterday I updated the uefi/bios to the latest version (1.63) and now it can't recognise my HP thunderbolt 4 docking station that was working fine just yesterday before the update.

I tried to reset the uefi to default setting (F2 at boot and then F9 then F10) but nothing, the problem stays.
The dock works fine with my work laptop.

I can't get to a solution, anyone can help or because it's on warranty should I just go and speak with the seller?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,508 Trailblazer
    Options

See if there is an update for your docking station on the HP support portal or ask the HP support community.

• faccin0

Tinkerer

Options

No update available from HP and I honestly don't get how the docking has anything to do, it was working just fine before the firmware update.

• Cois
    Cois Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, sorry for my poor english, i'm french ! I have a similar problem, since i install the latest bios 1.63 the USB C don't recognize my Samsung hard disk but it's OK with the USB A… with the ancient version of the bios, i don't have any problem. Can Acer do something quickly to fix this problem ? And other people have this problem too ? Thanks !

• Cois
    Cois Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

(I have also a Swift SFE16-43)

• faccin0

Tinkerer

Options

This is good to know. I want to try to see if similar problems occurs with other usb C devices

• faccin0

Tinkerer

Options

I have another update:

I tried connecting a usb-c ethernet adapter that I previously used and now it's not recognised by my laptop.

Any good advice here?

• HeartAcE
    HeartAcE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a similar problem too. I am in South Korea.

My laptop updated the 1.63 bios automatically on Mar. 10th and after the update, I cannot charge my laptop with TB4.

Fortunately, there is another charge port so I could use it anyway. However, this is very annoying. Please check this problem as soon as possible.

And, if someone have any solution to this problem, please let us know! (I tried to downgrade the bios, but it seemed to be impossible.)

• faccin0

Tinkerer

Options

I have an update.

I contacted my local authorised Acer support service and they are opening a case with Acer for support and they also mentioned we might downgrade the firmware.

I encourage everyone having issues to contact the local authorised Acer repair service and get them working on it.

• HeartAcE
    HeartAcE Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 14
    Options

I have an update.

I spoke to my local customer service, and they recommended me to reset the battery.

After the battery reset, TB4 is back to normal.

For the battery reset, there is a small pinhole on the bottom of the laptop.

This might be a short term solution, but it works for me.

• faccin0

Tinkerer

Options

Update.

As HeartAcE wrote here above, the solution to perform the battery reset worked with my laptop too. You just need to find a small needle and press the button at the end of the pinhole for like 2/3 seconds.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

A SIM card tool or a bent paperclip works best for those buttons… A needle can pick away at the button surface when used often.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.