Acer ED320QR showed it as a speaker, but no sound,. Than when checked there is no speaker

Options
RonnieLGainerxx
RonnieLGainerxx Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited February 29 in Monitors

I have been using a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 Laptop for almost 2 years now, I love this PC. But the problem is, I play mmorpg games, mostly Everquest2, and I design mods write scrips and computer code for my own game I and designing using the Aurora Tool set. So, i need a bigger monitor to see what I'm doing. So I found the Acer Nitro Curved ED320QR monitor, I drove 1-1/2 hours each direction to get this monitor, I hooked it up, went in and set the sound option, it even showed it as a speaker, with a number and everything, but no sound so, after researching this problem I find out that my new monitor has no speakers even Tho its telling my pc that it does. I have had prob 10 monitors over the years, and everyone has had speakers. This is too nice of a monitor to not have built in speakers, why was it not stated on the box or in the specs that it doesn't have speakers. I have even researched it online a several different stores and it's not posted no speakers their either. This pisses me off and changes my outlook on Acer, when my Nitro 5 pc goes bad I prob wont by another Acer because what else Is Acer hiding. I could spread the word through the mmorpg gaming community, that's over 100,000 + gamers strong. But im not like that….this needs resolved!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited March 1
    Options

WOW😒you get upset with manufacturers over some very minor things😀 what does not having speakers in your Acer ED320QR monitor got to do with your Nitro AN515-54 laptop and not buying Acer again, which you also said that "I love this PC" ??? that is Very strange.

If you wanted an Acer monitor with built in speakers you should have done some better research and made sure that the monitor you chose has external speakers, there is no way that Acer would have stated that the ED320QR monitor has built in speakers if it didn't. Acer do make monitors with built in speakers like the ACER NITRO XV272U that has a whopping ear blowing Hi-Fi Built-in Speakers of 2 x 2W [sarcasm] as 99% of monitors have a very low quality speakers.

If you want to have speakers for your monitor, then add some external speakers to your Acer ED320QR like the budget Logitech Z313 or the Bluetooth or the higher end Logitech Z407 BLUETOOTH that will give you at least 200% better sound than any built-in speaker that any monitor has. Or use a high-end gaming headphone set, which is the way to go, as no monitor speaker will give you the sound experience of a gaming headset. Good luck and hope this has helped you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍