Aspire M3910 Bios Update

Options

Hello.
I have a motherboard H57H-Am2 v2.0 and BIOS P01.A3 after updating from i3 540 to i 7 860, the dual-channel RAM stopped working. Does anyone have a newer BIOS dump? try to fix this problem, I couldn’t find it on the Acer website.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited February 29
    Options

The Aspire M3910 desktop Acer support has terminated and there are no bios files available. Go to Help Drivers as they have 29 files for the Acer Aspire M3910, the bios versions start with version P01.A3L, titled "BIOS for Linux Supports Intel Clarkdale K0 stepping CPU". Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• legion_lxix
    legion_lxix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you. I looked and there was the latest version of P01.A4, but when I downloaded it, the folder inside the archive was signed BIOS_ACER_P01.A4_Windows_Aspire X1800, is everything okay? There was the same motherboard, I just didn’t want to make a brick out of the board, and I don’t have a BIOS programmer.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Try the bios file below that is the same version BIOS_Acer_P01.A4_A_A from another site, as it its not signed for the Aspire X1800. Sorry but I don't know all the Acer provided bios versions for the Aspire M3910 desktop, that is your responsibility and if the bios version P01.A4 is an Aspire M3910 bios then you should flash this bios to your desktop. Its your responsibility to know and to make sure that the version P01.A4 is an Aspire M3910 bios, as I take NO responsibility if it bricks your desktop, as I suggested that when I recommended Help Drivers or enquire with Acer and ask them. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍