TMP645-M-5412G52tkk Can i upgrade to wifi 6 driver card?

Options
yin_chia5132
yin_chia5132 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited February 27 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hi...I currently using the TravelMate P645 model...Below is the serial no..

V4DA2

TMP645-M-5412G52tkk

S/N:NVX8RSxxxxxxxx

SNID:xxxxxx

So,recently i have a plan need to upgrade the wifi card to wifi 6 type...so i don't know which intel wifi card of the model can put back into the same place…

I have a question again for about the procedure of install the wifi card to the motherboard,what of needs i do when i install and which need to attention...

I hope have a expert member can give me a answer...tq..pls x3

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options

@yin_chia5132

The only Mini-PCIe Wifi 6 card that I can find is the MPE-AX3000H.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • yin_chia5132
    Options

Can you teach me how to change the wifi card?

• yin_chia5132
    Options

What type of this 2 slot....can upgrade up to max storage and the another is it the sim card slot?The sec slot is it nvme of m.2?

• BerlinMark
    BerlinMark Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The Acer TravelMate P6 TMP645-M-5412G52tkk model typically uses a Mini PCI Express (Mini PCIe) wireless card for its Wi-Fi connectivity. To upgrade to a Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) compatible card, you'll need to ensure the following:

1. Compatibility: Check if the laptop's BIOS supports newer Wi-Fi 6 cards. Sometimes, older BIOS versions may not recognize newer hardware. Check Acer's website or contact their support to confirm compatibility.
    2. Form Factor: Ensure that the new Wi-Fi 6 card you choose is in the same form factor as the existing one. The TravelMate P6 TMP645-M-5412G52tkk may use a half-height Mini PCIe card, so you'll need to find a Wi-Fi 6 card in the same form factor.
    3. Drivers: Confirm that drivers for the new Wi-Fi 6 card are available for your operating system (most likely Windows). Without compatible drivers, the new card won't work properly.
    4. Antenna Compatibility: Ensure that the laptop's antenna connectors are compatible with the new card. Some laptops have specific antenna configurations that may not work optimally with different cards.
    5. Manufacturer's Recommendations: It's a good idea to check with Acer or the laptop's manual for any specific recommendations or restrictions regarding wireless card upgrades.

If all these factors align, you should be able to upgrade your laptop to a Wi-Fi 6 compatible card for improved wireless performance. However, if you're unsure or uncomfortable performing the upgrade yourself, consider consulting a professional technician for assistance.

• yin_chia5132
    Options

Can anybody let me know this slot is for what function?

• William_mk2
    Options

@yin_chia5132

Kindly follow the details from the info given below

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    Options

@yin_chia5132

Kindly get a external wifi 6 usb adapter. You can also get a wifi 6 compatible router by contacting your isp.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• yin_chia5132
    Options

Hi...can you provide the doc of the info2 of the circuit board design drawing?TQ

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@yin_chia5132

The first picture is the SIM card slot with the 3G WWAN slot next to it.

The second picture is the mSATA SSD slot. There is no maximum storage capacity.

Here are the procedures to take out the WIFI card:

Gently remove the antenna cables, unscrew, and pull the card out.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

These are the WLAN/BT cards that the TravelMate P645-M / P645-MG laptop is fitted with from Acer:

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

You might be able to find a WiFi 6 adapter in the mini PCIe for factor (it's not M.2), but that port isn't fast enough to fully handle WiFi 6 speeds. It's going to be a lot easier to find the earlier 802.11ac cards…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yin_chia5132
    Options

Recently i buy a recommended from expert of MPE-AX3000H WIFI 6 Module…but i need a driver to install into the laptop to working the wifi function…can provide a link to download the driver?TQ X3

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@yin_chia5132

Here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

It uses the same AX200 chipset from Intel.

• yin_chia5132
    Options

@AnhEZ28 TQ FOR YOUR LINK PROVIDED…FINALLY I UPGRADED TO WIFI 6 ON MY LAPTOP…

• yin_chia5132
    Options

Hi everyone…i need to ask what port on this part…is it can put a SSD is it? With can put…have limit max. GB?Can i know this place can put another thing?

• yin_chia5132
    Options

Another question is…the tpm module on pic abouve…can change the tpm module? If can,how to change it n need to attention is what?..

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@yin_chia5132

In the picture above, the port that sits next to the battery is the mSATA SSD slot. There is no capacity limit for the SSD so you can install a 1TB, 2TB, or even larger.

The TPM can be taken out (maybe?), but I cannot find a replacement one.

• yin_chia5132
    Options

Can everyone let me know can replace the tpm module on my motherboard?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options

Why do you want to replace the TPM module? A different one will still not let you run Windows 11.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.