Restoring System Functionality and Drivers After a Windows 11 Update

Options
reyrehr
reyrehr Member Posts: 1 New User

After the February 2024 update, "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5034765)", numerous issues have arisen. My graphics card stopped working, and a vast number of functions became restricted; for example, even changing the display brightness is unavailable. I believe this is related to the fact that the Update Center, when attempting to update any of the dozens of components, simply points to the following errors: Installation error - 0x800703f1 and Installation error - 0x80070103, and as a result, no drivers are being installed. I tried restoring the system yesterday, but it wouldn't allow me to restore it a second time, and the restore point simply disappeared. I tried deleting all updates from c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download, followed by a reboot of the service, but it didn't help. Unfortunately, I can't add screenshots either, as they are also currently unavailable to me.
I asked a similar question on Microsoft Answers, where they told me to deny the Update Center access to update these devices, but how can I restore what was lost? My computer simply does not recognize the graphics card or any other devices from which the driver has been removed. For the graphics card, I tried both the Intel driver installer and updating through Device Manager (Properties - Update Driver - Search on computer). In the first case, it says: "The installer failed to install the driver correctly," and in the second: "The registry database is corrupted." The rollback point has already disappeared as I mentioned, and there are absolutely no driver rollback points available.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

We won't be able to provide any help without knowing just what computer you have. Needless to say the hardware is an important step in determining what drivers should be installed… Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Also, since often these models ship with several options for GPUs, let us know what your has in it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.