Acer Nitro 27” 180Hz Monitor (ED273 S3biip) HELP. not able to play games in 120fps

Options
DKJJ
DKJJ Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 21 in Monitors

I just purchased this monitor for my son, he has an Xbox Series S. He thought he could run 120fps but when he’s in Fortnite it says 60fps. Can this be changed? Sorry, I know nothing about monitors and gaming lol, I really could use some help. Thanks!!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,801 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DKJJ

Check if you have set the refresh rate to 180Hz.

Inside the game, set the frame rate to unlimited or 180 FPS.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    Options

@DKJJ

Check if you have set the refresh rate to 180Hz.

Inside the game, set the frame rate to unlimited or 180 FPS.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • DKJJ

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks so much for the quick reply and suggestion! He said this is all he sees on his screen…

• DKJJ

Tinkerer

Options

I was trying to google solutions. Does he need a special cable? Sorry if I sound stupid…I kind of am when it comes to this stuff lol.

• AnhEZ28
    Options

@DKJJ

Try to scroll up like in this section.

• AnhEZ28
    Options

No, for now, we will try to adjust from the software first.

• DKJJ

Tinkerer

Options

I see what you mean…it’s almost like he’s missing the DISPLAY section. The only sections he has are GRAPHICS and ADVANCED GRAPHICS.

• DKJJ

Tinkerer

Options

Figured it out!! Found a YouTube video that said we had to go to Xbox settings, TV and Display, and change the fps there. Thanks so much for your help!!