Acer Swift Go 14 heating and shutdown issue

Options
Ednalig
Ednalig Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 20 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello it is normal using my acer swift go 14 i5 even browser or telegram but my laptop got super heat and sometims Shot down due to superheat

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,869 Trailblazer
    edited February 20
    Options

I have a SFX14-51G-7003 with the standard 16GB DDR5, 1TB Gen3 NVMe and it is the coolest laptop I ever used, even after working online 6 hours outside in the tropics. I uninstalled all bloatware and trial versions, keep drivers and Windows up to date and don't have any 3rd-part programs running, Defender and Edge are my default programs. No event errors, blank Reliability History, no Turbo boost CPU i7 runs <2%, below base freq. at 0.8GHz. Use Balanced Power Plan and all Windows defaults. Try that, maybe it will cool your system down a bit. 😉

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Which Swift Go 14 model do you have? There have been at least five or six different base models, and hundreds of different SKUs… Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFG14-xxx-xxxx. It would be very unusual for the system to shut down due to heat. It's likely going to have to go in for a warranty repair, unless it's out of warranty.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • YKB
    YKB Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just bought the Acer go 14 NXKR0SI001 a couple hours ago and switched it on an hour ago. Noticeably, the laptop has begun overheating already (while I'm updating windows and literally running nothing else). Moreover, some of the installs are pending or have failed even after a third attempt.

The exhaust area (near the bottom of the screen) is hot, so is the first row of keys, while the rest of the keyboard and mouse are warm. All of this in less than 60 mins of switching the laptop on.

I have switched on all the suggestions that came through in the power settings and have notified the manager at the store I made the purchase from. Let's see how things go.

But truth be told, I am seriously considering the fact that this purchase might have been a mistake. Extremely disappointing start with Acer.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Your SKU doesn't come up with a search for either NX.KR0SI.001 or NX.KROSI.001. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SFG14-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.