Burned motherboard on Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630G-UW91

Options
rmartine7
rmartine7 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

My daughter's Orion 3000 died just after the 1 year warranty. Completely dead, not lights or fans when we turn on. I thought it was the Power supply, very expensive by the way since is not generic. I bought it and still completely dead. So it must be the Motherboard.

I am looking for this specific model and not finding anything available.

Is there a generic Motherboard (with generic PSU of course) I can buy to replace?

Or could I use the P03-620 motherboard (Seems more feasible to find)?

Any suggestions before scrapping and having to but something completely different?

Thanks

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited February 19
    Options

The Predator Orion PO3-630/530G oem replacement mainboard costs in the range of USD $1,084.28 (see Zandparts MAINBOARD.B560.RTL8118AS.E2600.ATX) which I suggest that you don't try replacing and/or fixing yourself, try to get Acer Tech Support to fix this and even have a look at the desktop and what the fault is first and get a quote of how much it will be to fix this PC. Also, you might be lucky, and they will fix the desktop under the 2 years warranty that this desktop is covered under, try that first.

If they will not do it under warranty and its going to cost you too much, then search the web for a technician that fixes mainboards in your area. I don't know what country you are situated in, but there are two great technicians that fix mainboards like Sorin Electronics in London England or NorthbridgeFix in California that do this sort of work, as these two techs are the best out there, so try them out also.

If not, the cheapest fix is to buy a new cheaper DTX compatible (8" × 9.6" (203 × 244 mm) mainboard that the PO3-630 has / Socket 1200 cpu / B560 Chipset mainboard, don't forget that the PO3-63/630G mainboard is a Acer proprietary shape mainboard also and you will not be able to connect all the front panel ports that this desktop has to a new mainboard, unless you know all the connections, you will also need a new 24pin PSU and afterwards you need to swap all the components into this new mainboard which will fit into the chassis. Good luck and hope this helps you out and gives you some options to fix your desktop, as I know that its very frustrating when an expensive desktop like this does not work.

Acer mainboards fitted to the PO3-630/630G

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It would likely be worthwhile to diagnose the actual problem before assuming you have a dead motherboard. It could as easily be a dead power button as a motherboard, and there are other things that could cause those symptoms. When you press the power button does the fan inside the power supply come on, even if for a few seconds? Do you have a multimeter to check contacts on the power button?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rmartine7
    Options

Hi Billsey,

Thanks for the tip, but yes did check with multimeter, power button is opening and closing correctly, PSU providing correct power. I will take StevenGen advise and will ship the board this Friday to NorthbridgeFix for diagnosis and will report back…

Thanks to all for taking time to make a suggestion…

Regards,

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, please do keep us informed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rmartine7
    Options

Hello,

Quick update, NorthbridgeFix could not fix it, said it is beyond their capabilities. I will try to find another motherboard shop to see if I have any luck before giving up…

Will report back here…

Thanks

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited February 27
    Options

Did Alex from NorthbridgeFix say what is wrong with the board? As allot of the time he won't attempt a fix if it needs allot of time to diagnose/fix with no result and also he hasn't got a spare board to get the parts from, as if a job is going to take them hours/days to fix or it goes into a loop then they don't bother to spend the time as they are a very busy shop as they make their money on much easier and simpler repairs that Alex has an 100% fix for and can do at max 1 hour e.g. gpu's, laptops boards fobs etc etc, and also Alex is only one technician there so be aware of that also.

While Sorin Electronics is a different repairer, so write him an email and ask him (as you should know what is wrong with the board) and see if he can fix it, as he is an old timer and can improvise other alternatives fixes that work and he will spend the time on repairing the board, if he takes the job on, as the guy is a genius electronic wizard😁 good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍