EB321HQU PBP not full size. display port connexion from one pc and another hdmi connexion from PC

Options
Lanticalter
Lanticalter Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 17 in Monitors

Hello,

I use a display port connexion from one pc and another hdmi connexion from another pc. Both goes into one of my 6 EB32. Both return a picture. it is working but I cannot get the monitor to use the entire space on both side. It leaves a top and bottom black space around 1/3 on top and at athe bottom of both. The monitor is split 50/50 on PBP. I have try to change size and position in Nvidia control panel, change the resolution on both to half the native one, etc. etc. nothing work. I need both to use the max space. I tried to do the same in windows setting, advance settings making sure the resolution is 1280/720 on both along nvidea resolution. Did not work. It seems the system kepp returning a 16:9 instead of a 20:18. What can I do more?

Regards

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

So the EB321HQU models are 2560x1440, which is a 16:9 aspect ratio. If your GPU is sending something at a different resolution, and that isn't a 16:9, is will either be shown distorted or with black borders. Do you have a different model than one of the base EB321HQU? Maybe a EB321HQUC or EB321HQUD?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lanticalter
    Lanticalter Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, appreciate you trying to help. No, they are all EB321HQU models. The PBP would be great if I could have the top center monitor to have on the left the pc1 and pc2 on the right. I do have that now, but would be better at full size. I would not have to switch the input manually between pc to get a big enough image of my excel file. I'll buy a switch. That way I won't have to go through the manual input change using the monitor menu button…