My axc-704-uw61 won't display with GPU nvs is working correctly so is there a solution?

Options
KelkAS
KelkAS Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I Recently bought nvs295 for my Acer axc-704-uw61 after I installed it won't display I did make sure that the nvs is working correctly so is there a solution?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Go to the bios Advanced > Integrated Peripherals and turn this off so that the XC-704 can operate on the NVS295 gpu.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• KelkAS

Tinkerer

edited February 17
    Options

What do I disable? (I don't have the GPU installed)

• StevenGen
    Options

The Aspire XC-704 should have the bios Advance like below, update the bios to the last bios version R01.B3 that this desktop has, as its service guide states that it has these settings below, I don't know if your XC-704 has but it should.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• KelkAS

Tinkerer

edited February 17
    Options

How do I change it? I can't press it Do I have to install the GPU or maybe admin access?

• StevenGen
    Options

The Advanced bios sections above should be a part of the bios of your XC-704 desktop, the caption that you have shown above is just one part of the bios Advanced section of the XC-704. Have you updated the XC-704 bios to its last version R01.B3 dated: 2017/07/17, as that could have the above bios sections, I'm not sure but try it out.

I'm showing you what is in the Acer XC-704 service guide so that bios section is there for when you have a dedicated gpu intalled in this desktop, as Acer did offer a dedicated gpu for the XC-704 desktop.

These are the dedicated gpu that Acer offered for the XC-704 desktop:

• KelkAS

Tinkerer

Options

So how do I update the bios I have downloaded the file there 5 folder

Appendix

Dos

Efi

Rom

Win

• KelkAS

Tinkerer

Options

So I have updated the bios but it still doesn't work

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, the BIOS doesn't really do anything for you here. It sounds like the GPU card isn't installed yet. It won't show up in the BIOS until it is physically present, then the system will default to using the GPU card instead of the onboard graphics. As shown the default for that BIOS setting is "Auto", which uses the GPU unless it's not installed where it uses the onboard. With a GPU installed that BIOS setting will then let you choose between the default (Auto), a GPU card (PCIe) or the onboard video.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.