Predator Helios 300 Battery Power Cord Disengages Too Easily with the slightest shift of the laptop

Options
RickD
RickD Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in Predator Laptops

Predator Helios 300 ⇒ The male end of the power cord attached to the female input on the laptop (See attached image) disengages too easily with the slightest shift of the computer. Seeking recommendations/solutions.

Thanks!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,557 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Cut a thin strip from a plastic shopping bag or other suitable film. Simply insert & hold the strip just inside the PC jack so it doesn't interfere with the jack's barrel slider contacts. Then insert the charger plug. Fold the strip to make it thicker if needed to make the plug stay put.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Cut a thin strip from a plastic shopping bag or other suitable film. Simply insert & hold the strip just inside the PC jack so it doesn't interfere with the jack's barrel slider contacts. Then insert the charger plug. Fold the strip to make it thicker if needed to make the plug stay put.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

That is because the laptop DC_IN port plug is worn, as the adapter negative barrel plug is not making a full and secure contact and whenever its contacting the laptop charges and when its not it doesn't

You need to get a plastic pick to pick and spread those pins outward so that they make contact with the adapter barrel plug, so that the adapter barrel plug is secured into the port, if the port is that worn out and that can't be done, then the laptops port needs to be changed.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• RickD

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for the feedback!

• JackE
    Options

Return thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• RickD

Tinkerer

Options

I need to follow up on your answer. I've been out of town.

⇒ You stated: "You need to get a plastic pick to pick and spread those pins outward so that they make contact with the adapter barrel plug…"

There are no pins. Instead (As seen in the attachments), this is a straight female to male plug in. It will pop off pretty easy.

• JackE
    Options

Not pins, sliders which slide against the plug's outer barrel. Use a toothpick to try move the slider toward the center pin so it presses harder against the plug's out barrel when the plug is inserted. I can just make one slider contact out in your image.

Jack E/NJ