Acer predator Xb271hu monitor black screen issue

Options
Aaronh
Aaronh Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I was moving the monitor downstairs to help a friend use it as a work station for work. She had the USB-C from her laptop plugged in to the blue usb3.0 on the side for an input. Now the whole screen is black and non of the buttons on the front work and the monitor power LED stays blue.

It'll stay blue even when removing any and all digital inputs and letting it sit for minutes. This is normally when it turns amber and goes into standby mode, this no longer happens. The screen stays black when plugging it back into the power source and no welcoming screen comes on. I've tried holding the front power button, any other buttons on the front and nothing.

Acer customer support absolutely refused to even give 1 piece of advice because it's out of warrenty and told me to contact a local hardware shop. All hardware shops I've contacted so far have said they can't touch it because they usually just tell the customer to buy new. This is a $800 monitor that just worked perfectly fine 2 days ago..

Very disharted by racers absolute refusal to even give one piece of advice after spending $800 on one of their products and no shop Willing to help.. This is my last ditch effort for help.

Anything will help at this point.. Thanks..

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 247
    Options

Reset the power to the monitor by removing all power from it. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Connect the monitor to a power source and turn it on.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

This is what I see in the user manual for connections:

So, no USB-C input, only DP and HDMI. The USB-B port at the far right allows her to connect the USB hub to her computer, and the USB ports on the monitor are just on that hub. If her laptop only has a USB-C output for video, as opposed to a HDMI or DP, she needs either a USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to DP cable. Connecting her USB-C to one of the USB-A ports on the monitor shouldn't have done anything harmful. If you have done the power reset as described above you should see the splash screen when you first turn it back on.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.