How to fix Acer Control Center in Travel Mate p2 16?

Options
GKBA
GKBA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in TravelMate and Extensa

I have issues on my Acer Control Center, It wont open, I reinstall but same result wont open, is there a way to fix and able to access it again

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• GKBA
    GKBA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

when i try to open it loading screen is only showing, Device that Im using Acer Travel Mate p2 16

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Options

I assume you are referring to ACC (Acer Care Center or Care Center S.) This app tends to hang in W11 and it will take a long time to initialize for the first time. Try to open ACC again later. Did you try to download ACC from the Windows Store, that may install better, also each laptop model has unique ACC versions so make sure you download the version for your model. You don't need ACC many of us uninstalled ACC.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

No, the newest versions are Acer Control Center instead of the older Acer Care Center. There are two versions for the TravelMate P216-51(G) models, but either should work. I believe the newer one has a slight bug fix, but don't know the specific changes.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bluepen61
    bluepen61 Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Try this: 1. search for "ACCStd.exe" on drive c:, assuming c: is your system drive. 2. The double click on it to start it. 3. then start Acer Control Center. Usually works for me when this occurs on my Win 11, Acer laptop.

I hope this helps.

bluepen61

from my TravelMate Spin B311R-31-C32R laptop

Windows 11 - 23H2