Acer Aspire 5742-7653 When I start the laptop after few minutes has been stuck and fully hang

attaullah
attaullah Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 13 in Aspire Laptops

When I start the laptop after few minutes has been stuck and fully hang. On that time I can't use anything else. The same issue repeatedly again and again. Kindly resolve my laptop issue 🙏 laptop model screenshot here with attached

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,516 Trailblazer

This is a Windows7 laptop no longer supported by Acer and Microsoft, all you can do is reinstall/repair Windows7 with the installation CD you have. It could be a HW issue, open the laptop and reseat the SODIMM modules and try to boot again. Also try to boot to BIOS with F2 and reset BIOS to factory defaults, save changes and reboot.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,276 Trailblazer

Do this first and see if these steps will fix the hanging problem in your Aspire 5742-7653 laptop:

1. Close Unwanted Apps & Services Running In The Background This is the first thing you should try the next time your laptop hangs. ...

2. Install The Latest Windows Updates ...

3. Use A Cooling Pad To Prevent Laptop Overheating ...

4. Upgrade RAM For Better Performance While Multitasking ...

5. Faulty Hard Drive Could Be Slowing Down Your Laptop As Well.

If the above doesn’t, and this laptop is still operating on Win-7 (Win-7 support was terminated a long time ago) then update it to Win-10 but you will have to buy a Win-10 25 key to register the OS (backup your drive or take the old drive out) as this laptop will work perfectly with Win-10.

If you want to use this laptop as a secondary laptop, its advisable to upgrade this laptops cpu to its highest spec i5-580M, then the 2.5” SATA boot drive to a 2.5” SSD drive, increase its ram to 2x 4GB DDR3-1333Mhz as all these updates will improve this laptops performance considerably. I did the same to an old Aspire 5750-2414 (that is the next model up) and installed Win-10 Pro and updated its cpu and ram and its boot drive to an SSD and that laptop worked perfectly with Win-10 Pro. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍