Is flicker between SDR and HDR normal in Acer Nitro XV282K & XV275K P3 mini LED IPS?

Options
cheesyyungsta
cheesyyungsta Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 13 in Monitors

I recently purchased a couple of Acer monitors to use with my Xbox Series X:

Acer Nitro XV282K KV IPS
Acer Nitro XV275K P3 mini LED IPS

Both of the monitors have the same issue - the screen goes black for a few seconds when launching a game from the Xbox dashboard, and also when quitting a game to return to the Xbox dashboard.

Apparently the xbox dashboard is in SDR, and I am running the games in HDR, 4k 120Hz.

I noticed a lot of people report this and other issues with the XV282K, some of which were resolved by the firmware update available from acer for that model, but my model was produced well after the models that firmware update is meant for, and Acer did not recommend it.

I contacted Acer support regarding the XV282K and they said the monitor should not function this way, and offered to have it sent in for repair. This was my intention, but then I came across the mini LED model XV275K P3 which seemed to be a better monitor anyways. I picked it up today and unfortunately it suffers from the same issue (I haven’t contacted Acer support for this one yet)

Anyways, my question is:

Is this something to expect with any monitor switching from SDR to HDR? Or is it just an Acer thing?

Upgrading from Acer VG270U 1440p 144Hz (did not have this issue)

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It's actually normal whenever there's a resolution change. Pretty much all monitors do it, or at least all of mine (which aren't all Acer models).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.