Acer Iconia B3A40 How to stop tablet going to sleep after 30 seconds

Options
CRAIB
CRAIB Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited February 12 in Tablets

I have an elderly Acer Iconia B3A40 .Some months ago it went into Demo mode.I think that this happened after a menu of options appeared on my screen ,possibly controlled by the power of volume buttons.With great difficulty I managed to stop the Demo acting although the phrase Demo mode is on the bottom left of my screen all the time!A few weeks ago the tablet started going to sleep very often.I went to Display in settings but it where the sleep setting is,is shadded out -though I can read that it is set at 30 seconds. I cannot change that and I want to set it at 30 mins or something like that.Any suggestions much appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Options

Tap on Apps in home screen – Settings – Storage – Internal Storage – Apps – Scroll down and Identify “Demo Video Application” under the apps list . Tap on Clear Cache and tab on “Disable”, Ignore the warning message.

Now try to change screen

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • CRAIB

Tinkerer

Options

Many thanks. I do not have an”Internal Storage”. I do have an “Internal Saved Storage” with an “Apps” but no Demo at all in the list of Apps

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Typically you have to be in Developer mode to enable the Demo mode. So, go into settings; developer; and disable demo mode there.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CRAIB

Tinkerer

Options

Very many thanks. I am

sorry to be awkward but demo mode is disabled. It is “greyed out” in the list for developer and if you tap o it you see that both”enable demo mode “ and “show demo mode” are switched off. I tried switching them on then off but that had no effect.

I wonder if I did something on the “menu of options” which I mentioned appeared , uninvited, on the screen below the pier and volume buttons. The menu was extensive but U have been quite unable to get it back . I have a number of symbols on the top left hand of the screen as shown in the photo, and cannot work out what they mean or do? Again my thanks for you help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Yeah, that model is old enough that even the couple of tablets I still have around handy don't have the same features, so I can't try to duplicate here at home.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CRAIB

Tinkerer

Options

Many thanks, Billsey.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 246
    Options

Probably you need to factory reset your tablet, that means you have to backup your personal data before doing it.

power off your tablet then long press both power button and volume up, then choose factory reset/wipe cache