STUMPED.. Memory upgrade for Orion 5000 was successful, but then failed?PO5-640-UR1

Options
joemyself
joemyself Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 10 in Predator Desktops

Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't seem to find any information on my exact scenario. Yesterday I upgraded my PO5-640-UR11 from the stock 16GB of ram (2x 8GB) to some Corsair Vengeance (2x 16GB). Installed in slots 1 and 3 per the manual, booted it up and it ran fricken great. Ripped some COD, MSFS, everything.. SO fast! Today I go onto my computer and there was nothing… Fan lights were on but nothing on the monitor. Hmm. Powered down and powered back on and was greeted with a long continuous beeeeeeeep. Looked it up, apparently that means memory issues. I took the memory out, tried them in all other configurations and each time I booted it up I got the same long BEEEEEP. I took out the new mem and added my old memory back and it booted up just fine…. So what the heck happened? Did my new memory fry out? Why would that happen? Here's the link to the memory that I upgraded to:

CORSAIR - VENGEANCE 32GB (2x16GB) 5600 MHz DDR5 CL40 Intel XMP Desktop Memory
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-vengeance-32gb-2x16gb-5600-mhz-ddr5-cl40-intel-xmp-desktop-memory-black/6562313.p?skuId=6562313

Might it be that the computer can only handle DDR5 4400MHz? Wild because it was working great for awhile! Any and all feedback would be great. If this isn't the right memory upgrade for the Orion 5000, can anyone recommend what is? I can't for the life of me find sticks that are DDR5 4400MHz. They are all mostly 5000MHz and up.

THANK YOU!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers