PO3-655 reinstall DTS Sound unbound and Ultra because both these apps are uninstalled

Options
Sunnycoast
Sunnycoast Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited February 10 in Predator Desktops

My daughter uninstalled both these apps.

I tried to reinstall the Realtek driver but nothing.

The individual downloads on the product page for Unbound and Ultra have no setup files, just scripts that failed to run.

Sound Unbound is on the MS store but not Ultra

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Sunnycoast
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found some info on this support forum with excessively complicated instructions that didn't actually work - using the ACER DTS downloads for my desktop.

I then decided to just install DTS Sound Unbound from the MS Store and it showed an active license.

DTS Ultra X was not showing in my MS Store but found a direct link in a forum and installed it - it also showed as licensed.

A lot easier than the Acer method, which didn't work.

The drivers and software in my Acer Product page are 12 moths out of date as well - even though they were listed as Jan 2023 ! MS Update had much more recent drivers.

Answers

• Sunnycoast
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found some info on this support forum with excessively complicated instructions that didn't actually work - using the ACER DTS downloads for my desktop.

I then decided to just install DTS Sound Unbound from the MS Store and it showed an active license.

DTS Ultra X was not showing in my MS Store but found a direct link in a forum and installed it - it also showed as licensed.

A lot easier than the Acer method, which didn't work.

The drivers and software in my Acer Product page are 12 moths out of date as well - even though they were listed as Jan 2023 ! MS Update had much more recent drivers.

• Sunnycoast
    Options

That should read ……

The drivers and software on my Acer Product page are 12 months out of date as well - even though they were listed as Jan 2024 ! 

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,985 Trailblazer
    Options

All Acer support drivers for your desktop are the oem drivers that Acer used when the desktop was released but its especially there for the bios and firmware updates, whcih you should keep a track of and in your PO3-655 desktop case, its the same as the PPO3 650 dsktop, as the PO3-655 is just a nwer version of that desktop, Win-11 will keep the majority of the drivers up to date including some firmware. If you want, you can also update the NVidia drivers yourself with the NVidia GeForce Experience software that not only notifies you of new NVidia drivers but also has specific NVidia settings for over 1500 games that you might play on your desktop. The audio drivers are not only governed by the Realtek driver, the audio driver is also affected by the NVidia audio drivers which and if your audio is to work, the NVidia audio drivers also need to be updated and not corrupt. I suggest that you reinstall or get the NVidia driver up to date, as then your audio should work including the DTS which is a sound enhancer that most users don't use, use the free FXSound because its just as good if not better. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Sunnycoast
    edited February 10
    Options

The Version 4 of Predator Sense for my PO3-655 fails to recognise the fans etc so I have to use the previous version.

Acer has dated drivers for my 655 on its product page as Jan 2024 and as you say, are 12 months old.

I would not trust any BIOS update from Acer based on those issues with their provided drivers.

The Sound Unbound and DTS ultra packages offered on my product page don't work with script errors.

I don't feel like bricking a week old system with poorly written BIOS.

I still remember Acer Support wanting me to wipe a day old system because Version 4 of Predator Sense wouldn't detect fans on the Desktop. They then wanted me to send it to them. Seriously….

• Sunnycoast
    Options

Please note my audio works just fine. That isn't the issue.

I just wanted to reinstall DTS software that came with the Acer.

I use the DTS licenses to upmix certain content to my AVR and HT system via HDMI.

The NVidia audio works perfectly fine and is totally separate to the Realtek drivers. I updated to the NVidia GPU and HDMI audio drivers as soon as I got the Acer as Acers were old.

• StevenGen
    Options

If this is how you feel about the Acer bios and firmware for your desktop "I would not trust any BIOS update from Acer based on those issues with their provided drivers" then go and flash your PO3-655 bios with another bios version other than an original Acer bios and see what happens, as you will brick the bios chip and you will need to get the bios chip reprogramed. That is a very bad and negative attitude and thinking like that you are asking for major troubles with your PO3-655 desktop. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Sunnycoast
    Options

Why would I use another BIOS ?

I never suggested anything like that ?

I'm suggesting that if Acer can not get basic drivers and software correct for my desktop, I definitely would not trust BIOS updates from them.

• StevenGen
    Options

Suite yourself and don't update anything from Acer especially the bios and firmware of your desktop, but please don't come to this forum and start complaining about issues that a new bios updates FROM ACER fixes. Good luck.

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 399 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I might be wrong but I think DTS Unbound replaces the DTS X Ultra as Unbound is readily available and I cant find the DTS X Ultra for download anywhere.

• KJN9000000
    Options

Acer comes with a one year warranty and rarely do they ever release more than a single Bios update and drivers get handled by Windows. Mind you early windows drivers meaning ones released after your systems initial drivers can break things but after the hardware has been out 1.5 to 2 years the newer drivers should be safe to use thus Windows 10 or 11 just updates them in the background during an update. Intel has their own driver software so does Nvidia and AMD. as far as Bios you might find an unlisted update for the board model number but if you chose the wrong one per accident or from a malicious source you will have a brick machine.

• Sunnycoast
    Options

There are two BIOS updates for mine listed in my Acer product page.

• Sunnycoast
    edited February 11
    Options

Both are on the MS Store. Ultra requires a direct link which I can share if others want it.

They are separate apps.

They were also listed separately in the original app list on my new Acer.

Here you go (oh and it works fine on Win 11 23H2 as I run it without issue on my Acer, despite what reviews may say on the MS Store page).

• KJN9000000
    Options