edited February 9 in Legacy Desktops

Looking for front panel pin outs and manual for ACER MIQ17L-Hulk-14065-1

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The pinouts are very likely a match to the standard pinout for those connectors. They are pretty easy to trace from the original case to verify. By 'ranked members' he means members here like "Ace" members, who are given access to the service guides and allowed to post snippets like the images he shows. The front IO he's showing isn't your front panel connector though, I believe you are looking for the connector the power button attaches to, right? Assuming the system you are working from is a Veriton M4640G (we don't have cross references to motherboard part numbers like MIQ17L-Hulk-14065-1), the header you are referring to is #15?

That is, I believe a 14 pin header with one pin missing to act as a key. Usually they are laid out:

• on board pin 1,3 (HDD Led)
    • on board pin 2,4 (Power Led)
    • on board pin 5,7 might be reset
    • on board pin 6,8 (Power switch)
    • on board pin 9,10 not present
    • on board pin 11,13 not present
    • on board pin 12,14 (LAN Led)

The only ones that you typically need are the power switch and likely the power LED.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    Options

The Veriton M4640G desktop front pinouts are all plug and play and are not described in this desktop Acer service guide, which is only available to ranked members, so we can't pass it onto to you. Look at the mainboard and see where the plugs in the caption below fit into plugs and work them out yourself by trail and error. Good luck and hope this helps.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• murfinva
    murfinva Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I am installing this motherboard in a different case, not a Acer. Needed the front panel pin outs for, power/reset/hd led . Think I figured which connector is for these. Won’t know until I get the power supply in. What the hell is ranked members, is this some sort of private forum.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The pinouts are very likely a match to the standard pinout for those connectors. They are pretty easy to trace from the original case to verify. By 'ranked members' he means members here like "Ace" members, who are given access to the service guides and allowed to post snippets like the images he shows. The front IO he's showing isn't your front panel connector though, I believe you are looking for the connector the power button attaches to, right? Assuming the system you are working from is a Veriton M4640G (we don't have cross references to motherboard part numbers like MIQ17L-Hulk-14065-1), the header you are referring to is #15?

That is, I believe a 14 pin header with one pin missing to act as a key. Usually they are laid out:

• on board pin 1,3 (HDD Led)
    • on board pin 2,4 (Power Led)
    • on board pin 5,7 might be reset
    • on board pin 6,8 (Power switch)
    • on board pin 9,10 not present
    • on board pin 11,13 not present
    • on board pin 12,14 (LAN Led)

The only ones that you typically need are the power switch and likely the power LED.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • murfinva
    murfinva Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited February 9
    Options

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.