Suspicious application in task manager how to Remove it.

Options
2devil_2003
2devil_2003 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I found "program" named file in startup how to Remove this i deleted my Microsoft office files for this to be removed not helpful.

Answers

• 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Options

I would also like to add i have no Microsoft office file in program filles on disk c.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 282
    Options

Hi, that is just a leftover from a removed executable file. As it is called Program, indicates it was installed in C:\Program Files, Program Files (x86), or C:\ProgramData.

To remove the entry, first download Autoruns:

Extract Autoruns64.exe and run it as administrator.

Select the Logon tab and you should see an entry highlighted in yellow (which indicates it has been deleted) that references a file path with program in it.

Right click on this entry and Delete it.

Close Autoruns.

Close the Task Manager if it is open, then reopen it and the entry should be gone.

If you have any problem finding the entry, go in the autoruns menu to File -> Save and save the log.arn file, then zip the log and share it via OneDrive or any cloud file sharing service. Post the link to the log file and I'll inspect it for you then provide the fix.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, that is just a malformed entry in the list. Notice the weird quote marks, that is because it was entered originally without quotes, so the space between "Program" and "Files" broke it. Nothing to worry about, it was originally the link for installing OneNote.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Options
  • 2devil_2003

Tinkerer

Options

Yes i got it right now thanks.😀