Acer KG272U stuck in testing mode, every time I turn it on it starts cycling different colour screen

ItsCals
ItsCals Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 4 in Monitors

I got this monitor about a month ago and was reinstalling windows when it all of a sudden put it self into testing mode, now every time I turn it on it just starts cycling through different coloured screens. I've tried holding down the power button while its turned off etc nothing seems to work anyone got any ideas how to exit this self testing mode or is it just simply broken?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

I'm sorry to hear that your Acer KG272U monitor is stuck in testing mode. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Exit Factory Test Mode: It seems your monitor might be in factory test mode. To exit this mode, press and hold the "Menu" button on the monitor's control panel. While holding the "Menu" button, turn on the monitor by pressing the power button. Keep holding the "Menu" button until the monitor exits the factory mode¹.
    2. Power Drain: Turn off the unit, unplug all the cables, and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, turn on the unit and check².

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it could be a hardware problem. In that case, you might want to contact Acer's customer service or a professional technician for further assistance.

Please note that these are general suggestions and might not solve your specific issue. I recommend contacting Acer's customer service or a professional technician for further assistance.