How do I replace the front fan on acer predator orion 3000 PO3-640.

Options
LarsJ1
LarsJ1 Member Posts: 3 New User

My system is an acer predator PC with RTX 3070 and an i7-12700F. Have already replaced the back system fan, CPU cooler (including fan), but I am hesitant about opening the front 'cover'. I want to put the "Scythe Kaze Flex RGB PWM" on the place of the current acer frostblade frontfan, as it is currently the loudest part of my PC.

Could someone help?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,982 Trailblazer
    edited January 29
    Options

There is no guide of how to replace the front fan for this desktop, there is an exploded diagram of your desktop and its rgb fan connections so undo the front bezel and then undo the oem front fan and replace it with the "Scythe Kaze Flex RGB PWM". Hope this helps.

Exploded Diagram

Connect Front & Rear system Fan LED cable

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• LarsJ1
    LarsJ1 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks for the reply, but how do I take the front bezel off, there is no latch, button or screws in sight to remove. Or does the mechanism appear only when the side panel is already off?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It's pretty simple, just takes a little prying from the bottom:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tinyblaze93
    tinyblaze93 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 24
    Options

ORIGINAL

Hola muy buenas una pregunta, donde puedo conseguir ese manual con fotos para el desmontaje, tengo el acer predator po3-640 y para cambiarle el disipador que le comprado que es un hyper h410r rgb coolermaster tengo que desmontar la motherboard ya que con la chapa que trae de intel no puedo, ya llegados a este punto quisiera desmontar el frontal para hacer un mantenimiento ya que llevo con el casi dos años ya es necesario, agradeceria ayuda ya que la necesito.

TRANSLATED
    Hello, very good question, where can I get that manual with photos for disassembly, I have the acer predator po3-640 and to change the heatsink that I bought, which is a hyper h410r rgb coolermaster, I have to disassemble the motherboard since with the sheet metal I can't bring it from Intel, at this point I would like to dismantle the front to do maintenance since I have had it for almost two years and it is necessary, I would appreciate help since I need it.

[Edited the content using Google translator]

• tinyblaze93
    tinyblaze93 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 24
    Options

ORIGINAL

solo es haciendo palanca para sacar el frontal sin quietar tornillos o remaches creia que esa parte es mas dificil ¿para la placa solo desenchufando todo y quitando los 6 tornillos saldra?

TRANSLATED

It's just using leverage to remove the front without removing screws or rivets. I thought that part is more difficult. For the plate, just by unplugging everything and removing the 6 screws, will it come out?

[Edited the content using Google translator]