KelkAS Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

I want to upgrade my aspire with gpu but im still concerned about the power

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,426 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have a single PCIe 2.0 x16 slot for a GPU and no auxiliary available for a replacement GPU. This means you are going to have to get a GPU that runs on only the PCIe power budget (66W IIRC). The GT 1030 might work and they might have something newer for that budget, but there is no way to get any extra power in. Just changing to a bigger power supply won't work because there is no way to take that extra power and give it to the GPU.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,426 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You have a single PCIe 2.0 x16 slot for a GPU and no auxiliary available for a replacement GPU. This means you are going to have to get a GPU that runs on only the PCIe power budget (66W IIRC). The GT 1030 might work and they might have something newer for that budget, but there is no way to get any extra power in. Just changing to a bigger power supply won't work because there is no way to take that extra power and give it to the GPU.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KelkAS
    KelkAS Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited January 29

Thank for giving an answer but gt 1030 is a bit to much for me I'm looking forward to getting hd 6450 or r5 230 can these GPU also work?