Predator Sense don't work properly, Using Predator Helios Neo 16.

Options
LuisC_23
LuisC_23 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 28 in Predator Laptops

The PredatorSense software just can't make the device drivers read or write. The only way to make it work is to disconnect any Ethernet cable and restart the computer every time this happens. This bug happens not only on the startup but also when you have your pc more than 3 hours on. Why ?

Predator Helios Neo 16 (2023), everything is up-to-date.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited January 28
    Options

There must be something in the software that is corrupted, but as long as when its working the reading of the cpu and gpu are normal then you shouldn't worry about Predator Sense as its installation and function are buggy (its the same with Nitro Sense) you have to wait for a new version of PS for your PHN16-71 laptop from Acer as its a new laptop or completely uninstall the current PS version on your laptop and then reinstall the last dated 2023/11/01 version 4.1.635. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• LuisC_23
    LuisC_23 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I reinstalled the software and the error persists, I guess I will have to wait for future updates, thanks.

• Max_Stone
    Max_Stone Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

I had same issue. Did you change the function buttons in BIOS to be media buttons?

I did, and I got the same results as you (buggy app, black windows, etc).

So you can either terminate/reset the PredatorSense app in Add/Remove programs, and relaunch it (will then work), but you'll have to do this everytime you boot. Otherwise, change back to Fn keys in BIOS.

…at least until Acer fixed this. I can repeat this issue on my Predator Helios Neo 16 (PHN16-71), and believe me, I have tried everything suggested everywhere on the internet.

• casstorpicasso
    casstorpicasso Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hello, did you manage to solve it? I can't even turn on the keyboard LEDs, much less manage the power plans, check temperatures, etc.