Added a DVD drive to TC1770 desktop not working

Options
PHK
PHK Member Posts: 7 New User

Just bought a OSGEAR internal DVD drive and the Win 11 has a code 39 error. where can i get an updated Driver for this to solve the errot?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Try Control Panel - Device Manager - CD/DVD - double click the device - Driver's Tab - click Update Drivers (this will likely do nothing) - then RIGHT CLICK the drive - UNINSTALL - REBOOT this will refresh the default driver stack.

Open Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for one of the CD/DVD ROM, reboot and then reinstall the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website.

If the above doesn't work then follow this link: Code 39 error means the driver for the DVD drive is corrupt or missing

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PHK
    Options

I've done those steps even added code to the register to see the drive. I'm not seeing the IDE ATA folder in device manager. not sure how to add that.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited January 29
    Options

The TC1770 desktop came with an ODD player recorder, and the ODD should connect automatically to the desktop, the mainboard description below at #7 shows 3 x SATA-3 and at #6 2x SATA PWR connectors and it should connect to the ODD. Maybe your cables are faulty, or the ODD is not getting enough power from the PSU. As connecting an ODD to this desktop should work 100%.

TC1770 ODD

TC1770 mainboard

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PHK
    Options

I'll try removing a HD since I have 2 HD 1 TB & 2TB. maybe a power shortage. I'm using those connection for SATA and the Power. the Drive I have is OSGEAR which is a 9.5 mm internal Drive.

• PHK
    Options

I've removed the other HD's and is running with just what the PC came with. exception being that I have the DVD drive installed still nothing. talked with tech support and they said that Windows 11 doesn't have DVD drivers anymore. HAHA. I'll call again and hopefully get a person that knows something. I think I'm seeing the issue and it is that I'm missing SATA IDE driver in the Device manager. does any one know where where I might be able to DL that from the Acer site? I was also looking to get a PCIE card with additional SATA ports to see if that would work with the DVD.

• Anh29
    Anh29 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

You can try to copy the driver IDs of the DVD and find its driver on google.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

When you press the button on the front of the DVD drive, does it open? If it's the type that doesn't have a tray, can you insert and eject a disc? If the answer to either of those is 'no' then perhaps you don't have the power connected correctly or the drive is bad, since neither of those requires the OS to see it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.