System thread exception not handled. My computer will not boot. What failed: Ntfs.sys?

Options
mbaran
mbaran Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 25 in All-In-One PCs

My computer will not boot. 

Sequence of events:

Press power button

Spinning disc

Preparing automatic repair

Blue screen with the message: Will restart for you. System thread exception not handled. What failed: Ntfs.sys?

Then we start beck at the spinning disc

The computer NEVER gets past this.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,890 Trailblazer
    Options

You have to try to boot to Safe mode and uninstall the display driver. First reboot and as soon as you see the Acer logo press Alt+F10 hopefully that will boot to WindowsRE with the Blue Troubleshoot menu, then in Advanced click on Restart with F4 (Safe Mode) and uninstall the display driver. If that does not work you need to boot with the Windows recovery flash drive, if you don't have one, make a Recovery Disk on another PC with the same Windows version: Type Recovery Disk, insert a 20+GB flash drive in the USB port and click on make a recovery disk. Boot with that disk the problem PC and select in the Troubleshoot-Advanced menu Restart F4 (Safe Mode). you can also try "Reset this PC" without the losing your files option, maybe that will work.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Ntfs.sys is the filesystem driver, likely if it's throwing an error it's something to do with the drive. What computer do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Does it have a HDD or a SSD? How old is it?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mbaran
    Options

Thank you for the help. The all-in-one was manufactured on 21/08/16, The model number is C27-1655-UA91 the drive is SSD 512GB, Operating system is Win 10 Home 64 bit. Any suggestion appreciated.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited January 27
    Options

The fix for the "System Thread Exception not Handled ntfs.sys" error, you need to try the following methods below, as the System Thread Exception Not Handled is a BSOD error associated with faulty, obsolete, or corrupt device drivers,

1. Power cycle your PC by shutting it down and unplugging it from the power source.
    2. Fix the error using third-party software.
    3. Reinstall your graphics drivers.
    4. Install the latest graphics drivers.
    5. Use a Restore Point if you have one.

Alternatively, you can download the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and do a scan with that to install the latest version of the Intel Iris Xe Graphics and the latest Chipset drivers for your C27-1655-UA91 AIO PC. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

It sounds as if you might have a corrupted driver. Just do the SFC/DISM thing to clear up any OS corruption.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mbaran
    Options

Thanks, Finally found the driver and eliminated it.