Acer Care Center Battery Limiter Disappeared (Model Number: Predator PT516-52)

Options
windrunner01
windrunner01 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I noticed that my Predator Triton 500SE (Predator PT516-52) was no longer limiting the battery to 80% max charge. Also, Acer Care Center is extremely laggy and no longer even shows the option to limit my laptop's battery to 80%.

I have downloaded Care Center from my model's specific download page and have reinstalled it multiple times without success. I have cleared the registry of the program altogether and reinstalled as well with no luck.

Care Center is still laggy and does not show the option to limit my battery charge to 80%.

This is a brand new issue, as of the past few days, but noticed it yesterday.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,483 Trailblazer
    Options

Don't use battery charge limiting apps, browse this forum for problems battery limiting can cause, why it is counterproductive for mobile devices (to use only part of your battery capacity) and that Battery Longevity is a myth. 😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

The 80% battery limiting charge in Acer Care Centre is a gimmick and does nothing to preserve or prolong your battery, if anything it will shorten its life. Don't use that setting and use the battery normally, what I do is deplete my Nitro 5 laptop battery to a state of the laptop turning off every 3 months and then I recharge the battery fully and use the adapter for that period of time 24/7 plugged in, as I rarely use this laptop in a mobile state, I've never ever had any issues and/or problems doing that.

PT516-52

• shan243
    shan243 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

My battery limiter tab along with the battery calibration tab had vanished a few months ago, except I was still locked into 80% so it did not bother me as much at the time.

I was messing around with my GeForce Experience options today. Under the General tab, I toggled the Battery Boost switch off and then back on. It seemed to hang up the system for a while, but to my surprise, my battery started charging to full. After doing a full shut down cycle, trying to drain my battery down some in the process, I opened Acer Care Center and low and behold I have all of my battery options back again.

Otherwise, I do not know the exact chemical makeup of this Li battery, but ignore these guys saying its nonsense unless you actually have problems from limiting it. I've never had throttling issues or anything else in over 3 years and I still get great battery life for a gaming laptop in the rare occasion that I unplug from the wall. Two other laptops in my household, purchased at the same time, hold a small fraction of their battery life after being plugged in constantly. Good luck, hope you get it back!