Aspire XC-885, Can this machine use PCIe Wi-Fi cards?

HardcoreGames
HardcoreGames Member Posts: 4 New User

I have box with an i3-9100 CPU. Noticed the integrated HDMI is gimmicked to HDMI 1.3 instead of the proper Intel design guide. Result is on my 3840x2160 monitor I get 30 instead of 60 Hz. In manual suggests 4K 60 Hz is available so this machine is factory gimped.

Can this machine use PCIe Wi-Fi cards? Also what type of PSU fits this box?

Suggestions?

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited January 19

Yes, the XC-885 has a 1x M.2 SSD slot at #8 in the caption below, and its a PCIe3x2 lane speed slot which has a max sequential read/write speed of 2000MB/s and you can fit a max 2TB capacity M.2 SSD drive, a PCIe3x4 M.2 SSD drive will work as these drives are backward compatible. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Aspire XC-885 oem Acer listed PCIe3x2 oem drives that Acer fits to this desktop:

Aspire XC-885 Main-board Placement

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• HardcoreGames

Per the illustration I am interested in what can be installed M2_1 as item 18?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

The M2_1 slot at #18 in the diagram is for a WLAN (2230/1630 type cards) only, you can't put a drive there.

Aspire XC-885 desktop WLAN card

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• HardcoreGames

I have an available Intel AX210 which is PCIe

This card is tri-band

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Unfortunately, systems designed for the 9462NGW cards are CNVio only, so only support that model card. There's a chance they designed the XC-885 to also support the generics, in which case your AX210 should work, but the only way to tell for sure is to try it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.