CP713-2W Chromebook updating to ChromeOS 119 Bluetooth has been disabled. Please help

Options
LalenaP
LalenaP Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 18 in Chromebooks

I have a Spin 713 Chromebook which has built in bluetooth. It seems that on or around updating to ChromeOS 119 Bluetooth has been disabled and I can't enable it. Going Settings > Bluetooth shows a greyed out slider showing it can't be turned on. I updated to 120.0.6099.235 and still not able to enable Bluetooth. I've restarted several times and tried with power plugged in and unplugged. There are no peripherals. What else can I try?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

If you’re experiencing Bluetooth issues on your Chromebook, resetting the Bluetooth stack can often resolve software conflicts and restore functionality. Here are the steps to reset the Bluetooth stack:

1. Open a new browser tab on your Chromebook.
    2. Type chrome://restart in the address bar and press Enter.

This should restart your Chromebook and reset the Bluetooth stack. If this doesn’t work, you may want to try other solutions such as checking if your Bluetooth is turned on, updating your Chromebook, or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance. See also Why Can’t I Turn On Bluetooth On My Chromebook. Good luck and hope this helps.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• LalenaP
    LalenaP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I tried chrome://restart, disabling all extensions, and powerwash. I'm on the latest OS build for this board. The option under settings to turn on Bluetooth is still disabled. Seems like maybe a hardware issue or a bug that might be resolved next update.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately the WiFi/Bluetooth adapter is soldered to the motherboard on these models, so if that has failed the only cost effective solution is a Bluetooth dongle in a USB port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.