My Acer Travelmate P214-52 is failing to get power on, How do I fix that problem?

Options
Raymond2023
Raymond2023 Member Posts: 2 New User

How do I fix a power on problem for my AcerTravelmate P214-52 Intel core i5 10th Generation 14 inches ? when i put it on the charge it shows charging but cant power it on?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

3-4 year old battery may need replacement and try to boot with a different adapter with a plug that fits in the DC port. Try this too:
    Check if there is a small pinhole in the back of your laptop (with a battery sign) and stick a pin in that hole till you feel it click (micro switch), keep pressing the pin for a few seconds. This will reset the battery. If no pinhole or this does not work:

Power drain + CMOS reset: Open the back of the laptop and disconnect the battery cable from the motherboard. Locate the CMOS module (with 2 twisted wires Red and Black) and remove the coin battery. Shorten the +/- contacts inside the CMOS capsule for 2 seconds with a bended paperclip and put the coin battery back with the + sign facing up, close the CMOS capsule. Unseat the 2 DDR4 modules and secure firmly back in the slots. Next, press the Power Button on the keyboard for 10-15 seconds after that reconnect the battery cable to the motherboard. Close the laptop, plug-in the adapter and try to boot.