acer xc1760 will not boot from usb drive will not display the boot menu

solidus
solidus Member Posts: 3 New User

My acer x1760 will not boot from a usb drive and will not display the boot menu when pressing f12 key. Also the bios makes no reference to f12'

Greatful for any help.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

To trigger the bios in the Aspire XC-1760 desktop you need to Press DEL to enter SETUP as soon and post pressing the power ON button. You also need a bootable USB that is constructed with Rufus to work. As doing this will make your XC-1760 boot from a bootable USB. Or boot the system into bios through Win-11 and then you should see the USB in the Boot section of the bios, which you should move up to the 1st boot priority and then reboot, as your desktop will boot from the bootable USB.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

To trigger the bios in the Aspire XC-1760 desktop you need to Press DEL to enter SETUP as soon and post pressing the power ON button. You also need a bootable USB that is constructed with Rufus to work. As doing this will make your XC-1760 boot from a bootable USB. Or boot the system into bios through Win-11 and then you should see the USB in the Boot section of the bios, which you should move up to the 1st boot priority and then reboot, as your desktop will boot from the bootable USB.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• solidus
    solidus Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks for reply will try.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Be sure that you have the Boot Menu "Enabled" if your bios has it. This is from my TC-895.

You only have to enable it once.