Disappointment from Acer - Only problems with monitor - Avoid acer products Nitro VG272U

Options
bt4
bt4 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 15 in Monitors

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I hope you had a good start into the new year and your hardware works without any problems.

About Acer products I was enthusiastic in the past, but the current case has finally shaken my confidence in Acer. Avoid Acer's flawed products, which don't give a[Edited sensitive content] about the customer and you are left with the financial burden. Acer only produces monitors without quality control and poor quality.

Summer last year, I bought the Nitro VG272U monitor to for my home office work, playing games and using my PS5. Since the start of using this garbage monitor, there are following problems:
- very strong flickering on the monitor after every 3-5x turning on
- When I switch between two different sources (different graphics cards/computer/PS5), the picture from the previous source burns in and there is a double picture with the new source. When I unplug the hdmi connector, the picture from the old source is still retained.

As a comparison, I tried two other monitors (LG and Dell) on 3 different sources/computers (1x Nvidia, 1x Readon graphiccard and PS5) and 10 different HDMI cables.

Result:
On both computers/PS5 and HDMI cables there are 0% problems with the other two monitors! The problem always arises with the Acer monitor!

With the seller I am already in a legal dispute about this, but it will have little chance of success as it has to be repaired by the manufacturer.

Now comes the climax:
The monitor was sent to Acer for repair. One day after the monitor was at Acer, it was immediately sent back! Allegedly no fault was found. Probably not even a stress test was carried out on several sources with different hardware/cables (like mine) and used just one source+one cable.

Now I'm sitting on a defective monitor that I can't work with.
Perhaps you have some tips on what else I can do.

I can only recommend you all to avoid Acer products if you want to get a working monitor when you buy one for your work.

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,453 Trailblazer
    Options

Sorry to read your bad experience with your Acer Nitro VG272U monitor but what you have to realize is that you need to do your research on monitors before you buy them and see tests of which are the best in the class of the VG272U monitor range, don’t just buy a product by its name. I’ve never had any problems with Acer monitors or products and I’ve been using Acer for over 20 years. You need to take this matter up with Acer Tech Support and the consumer affairs warranty laws in your country, Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍