Does anyone have a eMachines ET1331G that still has the OEM recover partition?

Options
CaydenN
CaydenN Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I have a eMachines ET1331G-03w and the hard drive recently died. I was wondering if anyone with the same PC has the OEM recovery partition that they could upload, I’d very much appreciate it.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,303 Trailblazer
    Options

You cannot share HDD partitions, only files. Acer and Microsoft stopped support for Windows7 platform so you either continue using your present OS, load LINUX or migrate to a modern Windows11 laptop, low-end systems are on sale for now from $300 up.

• CaydenN
    Options

I was thinking somebody could use like Macrium Reflect to create an image file of the recovery partition.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited January 15
    Options

That's not allowed by either Acer or Microsoft, since it would include the licenses from the donor machine. Best to just do a reinstall of the OS using a download from Microsoft and, if it's old enough, the key off the case. If it's base OS was new enough to be using a UEFI BIOS (W8 and on) then the key is embedded in the BIOS for you. If it came with W7 then it's likely old enough that you could purchase a used replacement machine that's newer for about the same cost as a replacement HDD…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • CaydenN
    Options

Oh that sucks, it came with Windows 7. That’s okay though I just didn’t want this PC to a dead weight

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited January 20
    Options

Yeah, the issue with old machines is that they really aren't heavy enough to be used as a boat anchor when they finally fail. :) See if there any recycle option where you are located.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.