start offering full-service manuals again I have questions about your Aspire TC 1780 UA92

Avibob3_ttl
Avibob3_ttl Member Posts: 2 New User

You guys need to start offering detailed specifications & service manuals again like you used to, the user guide hardly offers anything useful. With that said, what is the maximum ddr4 speed this Aspire TC-1780-UA92 computer supports, as well as the max ram it supports, it has two dimm slots right? If so, do they run dual channel mode? Since the current version supports intels 13th gen CPUs, will you have a bios update to be able to handle 14th gen parts since they use the same socket and pin out? What continuous wattage is the power supply rated for, how many amps of current can the vrm's support "iI see no heatsinks anywhere other than the cpu. So I were to put a 14900 inside one day or a 13900, will it handle it with a cooler upgrade? What pci spec is this unit, is it pci 4.0, does it support pci 4.0 nvme ssd's or is it pci 5, is that pci slot a full x16? What type of wifi does it have?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer

The Acer Aspire TC-1760-UA92 version has a Socket Intel LGA1700 cpu with an Intel® H610 Chipset mainboard and allot of the Acer model are usually not compatible with the next generation Intel cpu's as they need a bios update, so wait and see what Acer does with the TC-1760-UA92 Intel 13th Gen bios and when the 14th Gen cpu's are released.

The TC-1760-UA92 that you have can be upgraded from the i5-13400 to the i7-13700 cpu, its max ram is 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4-3200MHz) into its two memory slots and the fastest spec ram is the DDR4-3200MHz 288-pin DIMMs and Dual channel should be enabled always when plugging-in 2 of the same memory size DDR4 memory modules. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-build-a-pc-the-ultimate-beginners-guide

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    edited January 16

I don't know how long it's been since Acer offered access to service guides to the public, but they haven't for as long as I've been here (more than ten years). My guess is they might have initially offered them, but ended up fielding too many end user questions because of that access, so stopped offering them. Your system uses an Alder Lake S CPU and chipset and if past history is anything to rely on, Acer will not support newer CPUs on the motherboard. The memory supported is 3200MHz JEDEC and XMP overclocked memory isn't supported. You can fully populate the board with 64GB using two 32GB DIMMs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.