Acer Aspire TC-105-EB-11, Is it possible to Upgrade Graphics Card for gaming?

PSA18
PSA18 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire TC-105-EB-11 and was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the graphics card for gaming.

Thanks.

[Edited the thread to add model number to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,451 Trailblazer

The Aspire TC-105 is a 2014 desktop with an AMD Socket FM2 type cpu and its gpu has a PCIe x16 slot, this desktop came with a 200W or a 300W ATX 24pin PSUs. The best performing gpu's tested with this desktop is the Nvidia GTX-660 or the AMD Radeon HD-8670D. This desktop came fitted oem from Acer with either a GT620 DDR3 1GB or an AMD HD8470 DDR3 2GB or an AMD HD8570 DDR3 2GB, so try all those types of gpu's out if your Aspire TC-105 didn't don't come supplied from Acer with a dedicated gpu, as it was an option. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

TC-105 mainboard

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PSA18

Hi Steven,

The PC has a AMD Radeon HD-8670D. From what you are saying, the best graphics card for this computer would be the Nvidia GTX 660. However, this gpu doesn't have a great performance rating. I am assuming it is because how old the computer is. Will there be anything else that can be upgraded so it allows for a graphics card with better performance?

Thanks,

Patricia

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,451 Trailblazer
    edited January 15

This desktop was first released in 2013 and its performance is governed by its FCH: AMD A75 chipset/cpu and ram. If you really want to squeeze out more performance, then you can upgrade the cpu to an AMD A10-6800K that will give you 15%-20% relative performance increase and upgrading the ram to 16GB at 4x 4GB DDR3-1866Mhz 240-pin unbuffered DDR3 SDRAM modules (if you can still buy these modules) as this is the highest speed ram that the TC-105 was fitted with from Acer.

Afterwards, upgrade to the NVidia GTX1050Ti as this gpu consumes 75-watt power at maximum load, and a 300 watts Power supply is recommended and this gpu doesn't need an auxiliary power to be plugged into it, but measure your spaces if a GTX1050Ti will fit, as the combination of a more powerful cpu, gpu and ram will increase your desktops performance substantially. The only factor is, is it worth your while spending this sort of money on an upgrade, when you can buy a new TC-1760 13th Gen with an NVidia RTX4060 and 16GN DDR4-for USD $1200, and this new desktop will be at least a 400% quicker and better gaming/editing desktop than whatever you will upgrade the TC-105 to, its up to you. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Note: This is what I did to an Aspire V3-571G and fitted DDR3-1866MHz speed ram and upgraded its oem cpu i7-3610QM to an i7-3840QM and its 2.5" HDD spinner drive to a 2.5" SSD and it increased the performance of this laptop at least 150% and substantially, so I speak from experience as I've upgraded these old laptops and desktops many times.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• PSA18

Thanks for your explanation and feedback!