Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 cant nest virtualization

LucasHN1
LucasHN1 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi guys,

i just need be sure but, i bought this model with intel core i5 11400 11th generation for games and work, because it's expandable to 64gb, i thought it was a good investment.
for games ok, it works, but when I tried to create network labs, with gns3 and eveNG it simply becomes useless, checking the processor information, even in the BIOS and in win 11 everything is cleared for virtualization, for virtualization, when I try to do nested virtualization there are failures.
with intel's own software, it shows this information:

So just to be sure, this processor won't run an eveng or gns3 correctly, right?

Answers

• LucasHN1

Tinkerer

can i get a refund with acer support? because i bought it thinking that virtualization was possible but at no point did it say that it wasn't possible.

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

How long have you had it you might be within the window for a return? According to this https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/213805/intel-core-i5-11400h-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

You should be good to go you might just need to update the settings in your Bios to turn it on.

Press F2 on boot to access the Bios under the advanced tab enable Intel VT

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

On some Acer Laptops you have to set a Supervisor Password to access the advanced tab.

WARNING! If you forget the Supervisor Password for the BIOS you will not be able to regain access and neither will anyone else in the future. So if you chose to set a password for the supervisor in BIOS write it down and don't loose it.

• LucasHN1

Tinkerer

that was one of various things a did to enable, but still dont work

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,799 Guru

Hi,

When you type the command bellow in PowerShell (Admin mode) while the virtual machine is in the OFF state, any error message is showed!?

Set-VMProcessor -VMName <VMName> -ExposeVirtualizationExtensions $true

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣