Acer Aspire Z24 Mouse Keeps Scrolling And Not Working Property

Options
quackingduck0
quackingduck0 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited January 11 in All-In-One PCs

Hello, my mouse keeps scrolling and not working property. The mouse scrolls randomly and when I try to click on a tab or my window bar it doesn't work and I have to hit windows key + L to make the mouse work again or ctrl+alt+delete. I'm not sure if I have malware on my computer or if I need to get my mouse replaced. I checked my computer for malware and it got rid of some but my mouse is still acting up. I couldn't add my mouse to another device because the option wasn't popping up for me. It has been going on for 3 months now and I don't know what to do. The computer and mouse I have is Acer Aspire Z24.

Please help me.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

In Windows10 Device Manager uninstall the HID compliant mouse driver in "Mice and other pointing devices" and just reboot using the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate. If you suspect you have malware type "Reset" in Search and select "Reset this PC without losing your files" and if that still does not fix the mouse issue, Reset this PC with the losing all your data option.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello Hello! Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver through device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

I tried to uninstall and deleting the driver through device manager and restarted my PC but it didn't work so I did the 2nd option of resetting my pc and keeping my personal files. It seem to worked at first but when I opened up a application my mouse didn't work but then it did work which was weird. After like 2 hours or 1 hour and 30 minutes of using my computer, I noticed that I couldn't interact with my task bar. Like I would try to hover my mouse to a different program when I try to click on it or hover over it, it wouldn't work at all.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,891 Trailblazer
    Options

Back-up your data and Clean Install Windows10, if that still does not solve it you have a hardware problem and should bring the PC to Acer Services in your country,
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options

Is that a wireless mouse? Are you sure the battery is good? Sometimes you can get weird intermittent issues when the battery is low, but not yet dead.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

It's a wireless mouse and yes the battery is fine. When I tried to put new batteries in my mouse, it still has the issue.

• billsey
    Options

OK, where is the dongle connected? Is your model the Aspire Z24-880 or one of the other Z24s? IIRC the dongle should be in that center USB 2.0 port (#5 below), not one of the USB 3.0 ports (#11) toward the right side of the back.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • quackingduck0

Tinkerer

edited January 26
    Options

The parts are aligned differently, In the acer sticker it says Z24-890-UA91 (Z24-890_W).

• billsey
    Options

OK, things are a little different on the Z24-890 models:

But there is still that same USB 2.0 port on the bottom.

• quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

Oh yeah I forgot to take a picture of the bottom part of my computer. The plug on the right is for my headphones.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

O Does the same problem occur with another mouse?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

I tried to connect my old mouse that had bluetooth in it but when I try to connect it in the settings, my old mouse won't show up at all. I also tried to connect my acer mouse with my laptop but it didn't show up when I was trying to connect it too.

• billsey
    Options

Is that the mouse dongle that's plugged into that USB 2.0 port? If so, that's the correct place for it, so my ideas about the issues aren't right.

• quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

No my mouse doesn't have a dongle plugged into that USB 2.0 port. I have my headphones plugged in that port.

And this is what my mouse looks like.

• billsey
    Options

Open the mouse battery compartment, is there a dongle in there? I didn't think they shipped any wireless mice or keyboards without a dongle…

• quackingduck0

Tinkerer

Options

I think there's one in that small thing next to the battery?

• billsey
    Options

Yep, that's the holder for it anyway…