List Of Upgrades For Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54

vlnark
vlnark Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm not entirely sure where to find the specs for my laptop.

Only upgrade I've done is ram wise to:

My friend told me it would work fine. (can someone confirm this for me?)

I also bought this HDD (lost my HDD Cable/Kit):

and this cable (ordered 1/9/24):

This is the current performance for the laptop:

I'd like to push this laptop to the best performance possible (All changeable parts such as RAM, CPU, GPU, HDD, Etc), If someone that's tech experienced could help with providing a list to build and push this laptop I would very much appreciate it.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,821 Trailblazer
    edited January 10

The Nitro 5 AN517-54 laptop comes in different specs and its 2x M.2 SSD slots specs is determined by the type pf GPU that the laptop has, also the Nitro 5 AN517-54 laptops all take the same ram specs which is like its shown below. The only way that you can upgrade and make this laptop perform to its fastest and its peak performance (which also depend on its specs like having the top spec of the i7-11800H cpu with the RTX3070 gpu which is this laptops tops specs) and then to upgrade the ram to 64GB and the M.2 SSD boot drive to the fastest Gen4x4 drive and of course make sure that this laptop runs on version 1.20 bios, windows update is updated, Intel divers are updated and NVidia graphics drive are all up to date.

Note: DO NOT fit overclocked or XMP type ram to this laptop, as this laptop will not boot and/or function with those type of ram, only fit DDR4-3200MHz CL22 type ram that is listed below, as the Corsair name makes no difference, you need to fit the appropriate Acer recommended ram, and with the M.2 SSD drive, only fit Gen4x4 boot drives like the Samsung 990 EVO Pro M.2 SSD or the cheaper WDC SN850X Black as they are the fastest Gen4x4 M.2 SSD drives on the market, if you want. If you want to upgrade this laptop to a max total of 64GB ram at 2x 32GB modules, then go to Crucial.com site and do their upgrade ram and ssd scan as they make 32GB modules that are compatible with this laptop, as Acer does NOT list any 32GB DDR4 ram modules for this laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

M.2 SSD Specs

GTX1650/RTX3050/RTX3050Ti GPUs

• M.2 Drive - SSD1 PCIe4X4 SSD2 PCIe3X4

RTX3060/RTX3070 GPUs

• M.2 Drive – SSD1 PCIe4X4 / SSD2 PCIe4X4

RAM Specs

Acer recommends these ram modules, but they don't list any 32GB ram modules only a max 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ram, so if you want to upgrade your ram to 2x 16GB and to a total of 32GB use the below 16GB DDR$-3200MHz CL22 modules that Acer lists below only,

This is what you need to mount a 2.5" HDD or SSD SATA drive into the AN517-54 laptop, the kit of the bracket, SATA cable and all screws below should have been included in the box when your Nitro 5 AN517-54 laptop was new:

HDD Bracket

SATA Cable

4x Module Screws

4x HDD Carrier Screws

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍