Is the Predator W6 Wi-Fi 6e router toast (defective)?

Options
aelaan12
aelaan12 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Today, after many months of flawless working, I unplugged the Acer Predator W6 router from the power to reconfigure my office. Two hours later, I had everything set where it should be, and I inserted the power to the router. I have exactly the same cabling and configuration as before, however I noticed the LED's inside the router blinking white in the left corner and white in the left upper corner and the right upper corner is blinking red.

The main LEDs are blue, not breathing but solid blue. I have reset the router using the pinhole and holding for 30 seconds with no positive result.

Before I open an RMA, I would like to know the likelihood of recovering the router? It was very expensive, and I depend on it for my work from home.

What are the chances?

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• aelaan12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Ding Dong - 7 PM last night in a snow blizzard: FedEx with a package, signature required. The guy half covered in snow hands me the box. Brand-new router, all good and all setup, glad to see my 6e back.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,973 Trailblazer
    edited January 9
    Options

Follow the Predator Connect W6 Wi-Fi 6E Router User Manual as you might need to reset the router after disconnection/reconnection as all this is in the user's manual.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• aelaan12

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks for reaching out, I have already taken all these steps, with no result other than the same lights keep blinking, and the network ports keep flashing. I consider it to be defective, I work in IT and know my network gear. Reset should be enough to get the router to boot, but it does not seem to do that any longer.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

We don't seem to have access to a service guide for that model, and the user manual doesn't say what each light means. Is your modem still connected to the ISP?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aelaan12

Tinkerer

Options

It is determined defective, and I have been issued an RMA for exchange, that process is now in motion. The router is actually boot looping and there is not a way to insert a USB drive with a recovery on it for these models. So we'll wait and see. Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it.

• billsey
    Options

Let us know how it turns out…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aelaan12

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

Ding Dong - 7 PM last night in a snow blizzard: FedEx with a package, signature required. The guy half covered in snow hands me the box. Brand-new router, all good and all setup, glad to see my 6e back.

• billsey
    Options

It was 1F last night here with a foot or so of snow. I'm sure glad I'm not one of those delivery people! :)

• jzchen
    jzchen Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I'm wondering if I should have purchased the extended warranty being offered to me at the store when I bought this router recently...