Can an Acer Predator GM7000 4TB SSD in an enclosure to use as a portable SSD?

SaltyXer24
SaltyXer24 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 8 in Gadgets & Accessories

I bought an Acer Predator GM7000 4TB SSD and was wondering if it can be installed in a enclosure to use as a portable SSD?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,255 Trailblazer

Sure, there should be no problem with that.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer

Yes, there are Gen4x4 external enclosures drives with a USB-C cable, which is the only enclosure that you should buy. Have a look at one of the best which is the Sabrent EC-SNVE that supports NVMe or SATA M.2 2280, 2260, 2242 and 2230 at Output Speed: 10 Gbps, which way more than a Gen4 M.2 SSD can output.

Sabrent EC-SNVE

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• kronenpj
    kronenpj Member Posts: 1 New User

I have both the EC-SNVE enclosure and a Predator SSD GM7000 4TB drive. I'm unable to access, format or otherwise comunicate with the drive while in the enclosure. I've verified the enclosure is functioning properly, as is the drive - both tested separately.

Is there an official firmware update available? The drives I have are at "3.A.J.H4"

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,279 Trailblazer

What is your laptop model number or type or PC that you are plugging this 4TB M.2 SSD drive into? Also, is the Predator SSD GM7000 4TB drive showing in the OS Disk Management as allot of the times these drives show in DM and all you need to do is to initialize the 4TB M.2 SSD drive and give it a drive letter so that it will show in windows File manager, try that as allot of users don't do this. It doesn't matter if this drive is showing in Device Manager or bios as these disks need to be initialized and given a drive letter. Good luck.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍