90 Watt USB C Charger recommended but i think 100 Watt USB-C Charger for Predator Helios Neo 16

TimmyLee
TimmyLee Member Posts: 124 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited January 8 in Predator Laptops

I saw a 90 watt USB C Charger recommended, but wouldn't I want at least a 100 Watt USB-C Charger and whatever the proper cord/cable would be to charge my Neo 16?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• TimmyLee

Thanks, I just don't see any clear mention of supporting USB-C Charging for this laptop, but from what I gather, you can. Would a 120 to 130 watt work too? Also, is there a particular rating on a cable I should look for?

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,734 Trailblazer
    edited January 7 Answer ✓

The Predator Helios Neo 16 PHN16-71xx has Thunderbolt 4 that supports up to 100-Watt power delivery, I would not go much higher, I am using a 90-Watt USB-C charger with a 16" OLED panel and charge in 40 minutes my battery from 6-100%. What is important is a thick fixed USB-C cord to support the 100-Watt without any voltage drop.

• TimmyLee

Thanks, I had read elsewhere that people were using the 140 watt, but I didn't want to do any damage. I'll try the 100 watt plug first, thanks!

• TimmyLee

Well, I plugged it in using the 100 and it seems to be slow-charging. I got a notification that I should use the charger that came with the laptop for faster charging. Please check your power charger. Should I try the 140 watt plug?

• TimmyLee

Ok, I tried the 140 and it seemed to charge faster. Still got a message but a little different saying to check my charger. But it seemed to be charging too fast and I worry about using the 140 so I switched back to the 100 Watt and charged from 70% to 100% in about 25 minutes or so. I'm satisfied so as not to have to carry that luggage with me. :-)