Acer Switch Series.Despite enabling the auto-rotation feature in setting the screen fails to rotate

Options
joeroot75
joeroot75 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 7 in Switch Series

I recently purchased an Acer Switch Series device and have been encountering an issue with the screen rotation functionality. Despite enabling the auto-rotation feature in the settings, the screen fails to rotate when I physically change the device's orientation from landscape to portrait or vice versa. I've tried restarting the device and ensuring that all software updates are installed, but the problem persists.

I've noticed that this issue occurs inconsistently and seems to be more prevalent when switching between certain applications or after prolonged use. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with their Acer Switch Series device? Are there any specific troubleshooting steps or fixes that have worked for you in resolving this screen rotation issue? Any insights or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

Which Switch do you have? There have been a bunch of different models over the years. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like SWxxx-xxx-xxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.