A515-55-35SE replacement lid,One of the hinge has pulled right off the rear lid.

Options
Hattrick
Hattrick Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 7 in Aspire Laptops

One of the hinges on my wife's Aspire 5 has pulled right off the rear lid. The nuts broke right off the plastic support layer. I am trying to find a replacement lid for an Aspire 5 A515-55-35SE. All the replacement parts I can find are for a A515-55-51G. Is this not a model in which replacement parts can be found from a reputable dealer? I am looking for assistance in tracking one down or advice on what you use for reliable replacement parts.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,756 Trailblazer
    Options

Only 3-year-old laptop should still be worth professional repairs by Acer Services in your country, estimated costs for a new hinge assembly and frame/lid: USD200 depending on where you live (in the US a bit more). This is not a DIY job unless you are an experienced PC technician. When Acer fixes your laptop, it will be with a repair warranty, browse this forum for some of the disasters by users that tried to replace a panel/hinge.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    edited January 6
    Options

The below caption are the official Acer SG part number for your A515-55 and A515-54 laptop Lower Case(s). Don't worry about the combination of the last 4 model numbers or letter of your Aspire 5 laptops model numbers, the Acer part numbers are highlighted below and that is how you should search the web for this lower case appropriate colour for your laptop, as they are available from either Acer in your country or a reputable Acer parts distributor like ZANDPARTS or even eBay or Amazon.

The swap of components is a tedious job and if you are a computer savvy person and organized you should be able to do the job easily and fix this common hinge problems for a laptop, as its a 100% better solution than using a glue to fix this issue😁. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• JT98
    JT98 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Does the ACL cover this?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    Options

If your laptop is under warranty then the warranty should cover this.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍