Inspect your setup thoroughly before assembly Nitro XVU272U, Acer should pay for replacement

NoQualityControlHere
NoQualityControlHere Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 7 in Monitors

I purchased a Nitro XVU272U November 26, 2023 for $289, recieved it December 3, 2023. Assembled monitor to ensure it worked, seems great. Left it standing on my desk at the raised level while I visited family for Christmas and upon returning to my room I found the monitor face down on the floor and pictures show the fault. I have no kids and no animals to intervene and Acer said I must pay for a replacement as no warranty covers this. The monitor stand didn't even make it 30 days holding the monitor up and that is now my fault?... Really?! Acer buyers beware! Take your business elsewhere for quality assurance and for any chance of a better warranty coverage. I will no longer support their products in any way because while I understand this may be a fluke incident of bad quality control , they are still unwilling to take any responsibility or to make it right in any way. Very disappointed with this purchase and with Acer as a company.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• KJN9000000
    KJN9000000 Member Posts: 398 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

I'm sorry for your misfortune. It sort of looks as if the stand was not latched all the way into place leaving the weight of your display hanging from the tops of those two tabs causing there failure. All main stream monitors use this kind of mechanism for attaching a stand to a monitor. When installed correctly your outcome would not have been possible. I would try another warranty claim for a faulty stand and see if that gets you any further traction.