In Aspire 515-43, Anyone knows where I can get the raw bios bin files as the extracted ones?

TheMrG
TheMrG Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 5 in Aspire Laptops

Anyone know where I can get the raw bios bin files as the extracted ones from the BIOS update .exe is too large to flash the chip.

TIA guys

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited January 6

What are you trying to do? As the Aspire A515-43 has a guide on a bios Crisis Utility SOP USB recovery, did you brick your laptop, or does your laptop not boot after a bios flash, what happened? As by asking and posting this question you don't have the experience to construct a Crisis Utility SOP USB anyway, which we can't guide you on, as anything to do with a bios programing is against Acer forum rules.

It will be allot easier and cheaper for you to take your Aspire A515-43 laptop to either Acer Tech Support or an experienced Technician in your area and get them to reprogram the bios chip (its only a simple job and a minimal fee) as that will be a 100% fix instead of you bricking the bios chip altogether that will cost you allot more😁. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• TheMrG

Hi this kinda response is pretty much why I don't use forums but I'll enlighten you to why I asked what I thought was a simple question.

The customer brought the laptop to me stating it won't boot, after some questions it was found that the laptop had failed on a bios update downloaded from Acer Support. I created a Crisis USB and the laptop failed to boot into the bios recovery. After speaking with the customer, they stated the keyboard had become unresponsive prior to the attempted bios flash and that they had been using an external keyboard. I then also tried to boot to the Crisis USB from an external keyboard again without success. I then decided to read the chip, it appear to be mostly F's. I then downloaded various bios files for the laptop, extracted them, attempted flashing and all available bios files are larger that the chip. I found some info about removing head and tails from the file but using my hex editor I was unable to find which data to remove, hence the question.

So if you or anyone has a working bios image I could try it would be much appreciated!

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,720 Guru

Hi,

Have you tried using the 7-Zip tool to extract compressed files from the .EXE!?

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣

• TheMrG

That's how I did it but the file size is too big

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,720 Guru

Yeap,

Most likely you are needing the .BIN (raw) from Insyde UEFI .EXE file to rewrite the firmware UEFI / BIOS via CH341A programming. You can try use this method to extract through the HxD tool:

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣