Does anyone know anything about the Acer Aspire XC-1660g-uw93 (I5 processor)?

drnetwork
drnetwork Member Posts: 1 New User

This is a curious machine —- not available from Acer directly. Was sold through Walmart. A pretty good buy for the specs. Small form factor. I have bought several of these (new, in-the-box, sealed) from Ebay and all of them have a place for the SD card reader but it is not operational. All of them manufactured in Thailand in 2021. Acer DOES sell the identical machine with an I3 processor and a monitor in a BUNDLE deal. Why no availability of the I5 version with a FUNCTIONAL SD card reader of more recent manufacture, direct from Acer? The ones on Walmart's site these days are all from a 3rd party vendor, not Walmart itself. Is Acer abandoning this form factor? Compared to similar machines from other vendors, this was a bargain, considering the 300w power supply, the 512GB SSD, an optical drive, etc. I would hope to see an updated model with a functional SD card reader and newer processor. Acer has offered machines in this form factor for 10+ years and I have bought a BUNCH of them. They have performed fabulously —- as long as you don't want a killer gaming PC or intense video editing capabilities.

Answers