Upgrading new Aspire XC-1760 i5 onboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth with PCIe card.

Dionysus
Dionysus Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I want to upgrade the onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my new, Windows 11, Aspire XC-1760

by installing an Intel PCIe card in the available empty slot. I want to turn off the existing onboard Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in Device Manager / Network Adapters. Both an Intel Wireless AC 9462 and a Bluetooth Device are listed. Do I disable both of them before installing the new card?

Best Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Dionysus

You can take the stock Wi-Fi card out or disable both its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in device manager.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Your XC-1760 has it's WiFi/Bluetooth card in an M.2 slot, #11 in this diagram of the motherboard:

It looks like they shipped with either of two different cards:

Which do you have, the 802.11ac or the WiFi 6? You should be able to tell in Device Manager…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@Dionysus

You can take the stock Wi-Fi card out or disable both its Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in device manager.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Dionysus

Tinkerer

Thanks @AhnEZ28, you answered my question. This machine has integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips on the motherboard, so instead of removing a card, I now see I have to disable both features in Device Mgr. Interestingly, on my old Win 10 machine, where I do have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on one PCIe card, it also lists them separately in Device Mgr.

• billsey
    Answer ✓

Your XC-1760 has it's WiFi/Bluetooth card in an M.2 slot, #11 in this diagram of the motherboard:

It looks like they shipped with either of two different cards:

Which do you have, the 802.11ac or the WiFi 6? You should be able to tell in Device Manager…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dionysus

Tinkerer

Thanks so much for this great motherboard layout shot. I have an 802.11ac and it is an Intel 9462 NGW.

I have an Intel AX4111 NGW I'd like to upgrade with, but I doubt my big fat shaky old fingers can manage to remove and replace the two antenna leads. The price of getting old:-)

• billsey

The AX411 will not work, it requires a CNVio2 connection on a 12th gen or later Intel chipset.