Ring Software, acer iconia pau30 issue after changing the OS

Options
abhaykanov
abhaykanov Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 24 in Tablets

hello dear friends, i have an acer iconia pau30 from almost 12/13 years back, which was working so very much fine till a coupple of days back my younger brother changed the OS of it, and since then i have been surfing and searching the internet, but i could not find anything usefull, thats why came here to ask for help.

anyone who could help out

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately we don't have access to technical information on those models, likely they were only available in select locations. What OS was running on it initially? What did your brother change it to?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • abhaykanov
    Options

So glad to see the reply for my problem. Thank you.

He changed the OS from windows to windows 10, I tried a lot from every sort of way to get to the Acer ring software but I couldn't find, so then I changed the OS back to windows and purchased all the drivers from a site, but, that pack of drivers didn't had any Acer ring software, then searched the web for the driver or software but couldn't find so then I came to Acer community please help me out for this.

• abhaykanov
    edited January 2
    Options

Changed the is from Windows 7 to windows 10,

So changed it back from windows 10 to windows 7

• billsey
    Options

Yes, any system that shipped with Windows 7 is old enough that we won't have access to the software that came with it initially. What was Ring used for? It may not be needed with Windows 10…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ArtGateOne
    ArtGateOne Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

You can find the software in the description of the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5zcD2RESxY -

• billsey
    Options

That link is to a pirated version of software. It might be good or it might not, better to just stay away from it.

• ArtGateOne
    Options

Why do you claim it's a pirated version?

If someone shared original drivers, application installers, and the latest BIOS - it's the only way for a person who lost the original disk to restore the laptop to full functionality. I couldn't find these files on the manufacturer's website - probably because this device is already several years old.

• billsey
    Options

Because the link isn't an official link and includes software that requires a license to run legally.

• ArtGateOne
    Options

Oh oh - what nonsense are you talking - since when do drivers for graphics cards or sound cards - or touchscreen drivers require a license.

Not an official link ?? hahha - well then please give me an official link if one exists at all - for a user like me - whose hard drive got damaged..

The software for displaying the on-screen keyboard - is specifically written for this laptop model - I tried other versions and in every case - the program checks the laptop model and only allows the software to run on the correct model...

This is not a Windows system requiring a license - it's just drivers and software necessary to operate this device - what don't you understand ?

These things should be available on the website - support download! just like it is with other manufacturers!

• ArtGateOne
    Options

I will just add that from Acer's website - the matter of this device and its functionality has been completely neglected - New drivers were never provided to improve the performance of this laptop -

I have installed several versions of Windows and if the manufacturer provided updated touch drivers, the device would perform very well without these applications.
    The device works under control of Windows 7, 8.1, 10, and 11! it works very well on Windows 11 except for the support of the Windows UI interface (touch).

• LoneWolf72
    LoneWolf72 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i do have an issue with the ring software side. it loads up fine but when i go to use it its unresponsive and just show touch on the main screen but the keyboard is fine. also im running windows 10 pro.just to add if anyone requires the ghost fix i have fixed it with no issues. no need to use foam or tape. remove the screen backing plate and at the bottom of the screen you will see a 3 ribbon connectors attached to a pcb board. glue a piece of tin foil on the metal plate making sure the tin foil rests on top of the 2 pads. reassemble and all should be ok.

• ArtGateOne
    Options

The keyboard is operated on something like a virtual touch screen - as well as its touchpad.... that's what it seems to me.

Regarding the operation of the bottom screen - try running the touchscreen setup and indicate during the configuration process - which screen you are touching... this will solve the problem.. You can also long-press the button on the left side of the laptop and restart it again (remember to change the orientation of the bottom screen if it rotates 180 degrees).