acer travelmate Upgrade question I want to upgrade the processor to an intel core i3 64 bit.

Options
Ecre_ss453
Ecre_ss453 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2023 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hey, I got an acer travelmate 2700 series notebook from 2004. I want to upgrade some stuff from it after upgrading to windows 7. I want to upgrade the processor to an intel core i3 64 bit. I want to upgrade the ram from 256 MB to 8GB or at least 4GB. And I also want to upgrade my graphics card. It only supports directX 8, I want to upgrade to directX 10. So just tell me what can I upgrade?

Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately the TravelMate 2700 systems are too old to get specs and other info from Acer. Google suggests it was an XP box with a Pentium 4 processor with an 800MHz front side bus, but not which P4 model it was. There are a bunch to choose from, with at least two different sockets. You won't be able to upgrade the CPU except with others that use the same socket, so likely even the earliest i3s are out. Same thing with memory, that is limited by the motherboard and chipset and may allow as much as 2GB but also might top out at 1GB. Likely there are no upgrades that are worth doing on this machine, other than a switch to a SSD instead of HDD.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.